Highlighted here is the Suntour Axon Werx Carbon fork that was used by Julie Bresset to win an Olympic Gold Medal for XC and Julie also won Gold at the World Championships. The same model of fork produced another Gold medal at the World Championships for Roger Rinderknecht in the 4x discipline. That’s versatility!
In this video, Darren Salsbury from SR Suntour shows us highlights of the Axon Werx Carbon as well as a brand new 650B prototype fork based on the Axon. The prototype will be an early release 2014 model and Suntour will be going big with 650B next year with 7 different 650B models.
- Nice and lightweight (for XC) but still stout (for 4x)
- 80 or 100 mm travel
- hybrid lower (magnesium dropout, carbon fiber legs)
- Qlok 15mm axle for stiffness and security
- post mount direct for disc brakes
- hollow crown to keep weight low
- low speed compression adjustment on top
- rebound adjustment at the bottom
- remote lockout
- 1550 grams
The Axon Carbon Werx lends itself easily to multiple tire sizes allowing Suntour to accomodate 3 wheels sizes from one mold. The prototype 650B fork is currently being ridden, tested and evaluated.
For more info: www.srsuntour-cycling.com