Speed Metal Shift Indexing
The Grip Shift uses all metal index shifting, and is comprised of a metal indent spring and ring, along with a coil spring, all of which work in synergy for precise, quick and snappy shifting. The front has two or three indents, depending on the version, while the rear has ten. The rear’s up shifting is kept in control by the derailer’s spring tension, while the shifter’s coil spring counteracts downshifting, and both mechanisms prevent unwanted shifts and over rotation.
- Full metal indexing
- First 10-speed Grip Shift
- Crisp and precise shifting
- 7075 aluminum indexing surface for the indent spring to click against
Rolling Thunder Ball Bearing
The shifters rotate on three rows of 120 bearings, which offer smooth and low friction movement, and require minimal force to operate. Although it’s non-serviceable, the design and distributed pressure, will give long-term durability and performance.
- Zero friction or play
- Less force needed to shift
- Three rows of ball bearings, 120 ball bearings
- Long-term performance under all weather conditions
JAWS Lock-On Grips
They come with the JAWS lock-on grips, which snap into the shifter with a keyed interface (a.k.a. jaws), and an outer lock ring, to keep them from slipping and rotating. The grips smoothly transition to the shift paddles, and acts as a secure single unit when tied together. Since they splice into the shifter, they don’t place any pressure on internal mechanisms, including the bearings and moving parts. The design also helps prevents unwanted contaminants from entering the shifter, whether it’s dirt of water, which would degrade performance and cause additional wear.
- Super secure
- Shifter and grip connect into single unit
- Easily assembled and removed
- Grips included with shifters
- Converts to work with any grip