SRAM Introduces New 2X10 Website: SRAM2X10.com

News

Less is really more: Why 2X10 just works

2X10_logo

http://sram2x10.com/

SRAM has created a new web page where people can learn more about the benefits of SRAM’s 2X10 mountain bike drivetrain. Www.SRAM2X10.com is a central source for Product Reviews, Technology breakdowns, Athlete Testimonials, and a Photo Gallery.

Click on the Bikes section to view the growing list of bike manufacturers that spec the industries first 2X10 groupset, XX.

Visit the Athlete section and read what racers from around the globe are experiencing racing 2X10. Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski shares his first impression riding XX, “The first time I rode XX I was incredibly impressed with the ease and smoothness of the front shifting. I could shift smoothly under literally a maximum peadling load – something I‘ve never been able to do with any group.”

SRAM will continue to grow and add content to www.SRAM2X10.com, especially ares like Reviews and Results, so check
back often.

perfect_shift
(Want to learn more about The Perfect Shift? Visit www.SRAM2X10.com)

jhk
(Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski checks in and shares his thoughts on www.SRAM2X10.com)

mba_tech
(Read Product Review from Mountain Bike Action as well as other publications at www.SRAM2X10.com)

source: Eric Schutt
www.sram.com
http://sram2x10.com/

(Visited 3,849 times, 1 visits today)
About the author: Gregg Kato

Gregg Kato studied journalism and broadcasting in college while working many different jobs including deejaying, driving a forklift and building web sites (not all at the same time). Kato has been the Site Manager of Mtbr.com for over 12 years and enjoys riding local Santa Cruz trails. Besides being an avid mountain biker, he is also a motorcycle fanatic. Two wheels, one Passion.


Related Articles


NOTE: There are two ways to comment on our articles: Facebook or Wordpress. Facebook uses your real name and can be posted on your wall while Wordpress uses our login system. Feel free to use either one.

Facebook Comments:



Wordpress Comments:

  • Bob M says:

    Well here we go again, the road crowd has converted to the 2X10 and now it will be pushed down our throats on MTB’s because it means you will be suckered into having to have what the pro’s have. My god, 99.999% are not, will never be, can’t be pros and we cannot ride at their level so why in the world would what they use mean it will make us better riders? Empty criticism you say? I bought a new carbon frame road bike with 2X10 and the promise that it has 95% of the gears of 3×9. Well guess what? I need the other 5% because my legs are not pro legs. I ended up finding out how expensive it would be to get the front changed to 3 ring and decided to just try a 27/11 cluster to help make up for the 25/12 it came with. Not the solution I wanted really but I don’t want to pay 1/3 of the purchase price to change the front chainring and derailleur.
    I don’t often use the granny because I also ride a SS so my legs are stronger than 2 years ago before I got the SS but when I need the granny, I NEED IT damn it.
    I hope I’m wrong and this new way of suckering you into something you don’t need will be a fad or not. Time will tell.

  • david says:

    Sram Should start a website with financial advice for pooling together the cash to sport their 2×10 system!

  • oldassracer says:

    actually, I have had the chance to use a 2×10 drive train with 26/39T x 11-36T and find that it is much better than my triple 42/32/22 set up. No more dropped chains. Very smooth and positive shifts.

    The stuff is really expensive though – wish there were some less expensive stuff available
    I am sure they’ll come out with a lower level group at a more sane price level

  • someguywhorides says:

    It’s just plain too expensive.

  • Kristina says:

    I think it’s good as an alternative option to those who don’t want to run a triple chain-ring front but don’t have quite enough range with just a single ring. Single rings are more common these days.
    Yes 99% of people aren’t pros but you know the people who don’t think they would benefit from it’s use in any way simply don’t have to buy it do they? It’s not like Sram has gone and replaced the current system all together!
    Personally I’m happy to amble along with my 32T up front and 11-32 up back, a lower gear chainring could be handy but a larger one would be wasted on me.
    I like to see change in the bike industry, but at the same time I don’t, because ultimately if you want to keep up you’ve got to spend $$ that you might not be able to.

  • Chris says:

    Ride a single speed and get over all the hype….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*