The Future of American Mountain Bike Racing is getting Brighter!
BetterRide coached racers were all over the Cross Country, Downhill, Super D and Mountain Cross podiums at the National Championships in Sol Vista this weekend. Congratulations to all racers who showed up and gave it their best this weekend.
Here are some highlights from BetterRiders for the weekend:
- Kelli Emmett (Giant Bicycles) added to her winning ways with National Championship Victory in the Pro women’s Super D as well a 7th in the Cross Country and a 9th place finish in the Short Track. Kelli Emmett winning the Super D wasn’t a huge surprise as she is one of the fastest women I have ever coached, but super mom Julie Olsen earning a 5th place only 2 seconds back from former National Downhill champ Elka Brutsaert?! Way to go Julie!
- Jackie Harmony (Vixen Racing/TLD/All Mountain Cyclery/Hayes) has been getting faster with each race this year and earned second place in both Pro Mountain Cross and Pro Downhill!
- Brian Buell (Team Geronimo) also earned a second place in Pro Mtn.
Cross and 8th in the Downhill.
- Joey Schusler (Yeti) was just off the pro downhill podium in 6th.
- Jennifer Wolf (All Mountain Cyclery), Christin Boyer (One Ghost) and Addie Stewart (Go-Ride) finished 6th, 7th and 8th in the pro women’s downhill.
- Rookie pro Lear Miller took 6th in the Mtn. Cross and 32nd in the pro downhill field.
- Ross Schnell (Trek) didn’t get the best start and with little room to pass on the mostly singletrack course still managed 10th place in the Pro Men’s Super D.
- Madison “Mad Dog” Bailey is now the 2010 Cat 1 15-16 National Champ winning by 3 seconds over 2nd place and Austin Benge put down a fast run to finish 5th in the same class.
Unfortunately, last years Pro MX champion, Jr. Cat 1 Downhill Champion and BetterRider Mitch Ropelato had to sit the race out with a broken collarbone but he will be back for the last few World Cups and the World Championships. Heal up fast Mitch.
Congratulations to all the following BetterRide coached racers for working hard and achieving and/or exceeding their goals at the National Championships.
BetterRide.net racer results at the 2010 US National Championships
2nd Matthew Branney (RPM/Yeti)
3rd Galen Carter
4th Roy Benge
Cat 1 17-18
Trevor Trinkino lead the BetterRide contingent with a 5th place, Christen Wright who is coming back from knee surgery earned 7th place and Andy Proctor was 11th.
Cat 1 19-29
2nd Kyra Alexander
Cat 1 25-29 Class
2nd Jon Card
6th Dan Goddard
Cat 1 30-39
3rd Annemarie Hennes
4th Amber Price
6th Megan Zemny
Cat 1 35-39
3rd place Jeff Kegu
Cat 1 Women
3rd Amber Price
4th Annemarie Hennes
Cat 2 15-18
2nd Cody Kelly
Cat 1 30-39
1st Jeff Kegu
About BetterRide: Gene Hamilton founded BetterRide in 1998 to provide structured, professional mtb skills coaching to racers of all ages.
Gene is a licensed USA Cycling Expert Coach and has over 18 years of coaching experience including 12 years coaching mountain biking. His coaching highlights include coaching many top pro racers (Chris Van Dine, Ross Schnell, Mitch Ropelato, Kelli Emmett, Joey Schusler, Graeme Pitts,…) top junior experts (Trevor Trinkino, Andy Proctor, 4 of the 6 racers on the US Worlds Team in 2008, …). Gene is a pretty good racer too, in 16 seasons as a pro downhill racer he has won a Silver (2002) and two Bronze Medals (2006, 1999) at the UCI World Masters Championships. For more info check out http://www.betterride.net