San Luis Obispo County, CA (March 20, 2012) – San Luis Obispo County combines the best adventure travel experiences with the magnificent beauty of the Central Coast that makes for an affordable adventure vacation this spring.
There are a variety of affordable (or even free) ways to experience all that Wine Coast Country has to offer. They will leave travelers feeling satisfied and leave their wallets full. From surfing to cycling, from hiking to kayaking, travelers spend their vacations in San Luis Obispo County to experience the outdoors in a variety of inexpensive ways. Nick Franco, the district superintendent for the California State Parks San Luis Obispo Coast District, has lived in the region for almost 10 years, and he recently shared his picks for the target=”_blank”>Top 5 Outdoor Adventures in Wine Coast Country.
Top 5 Cycling Adventures in Wine Coast Country:
1. Bob Jones City to the Sea Bike Trail is paved and smooth, and winds through forested valleys along San Luis Obispo Creek toward Avila Beach.
2. Bluff Trail and Islay Creek in Montaña de Oro State Park is great for mountain biking. This three-mile loop follows Pecho Valley Road and is an ideal warm-up trail for cyclists who plan to ride more difficult trails in the park.
3. Cambria Challenge for road bikes. With an ever-changing landscape and breathtaking views, Cambria is ideal for avid road cyclists. Anticipate two major climbs, some steep descents and rolling hills with some flats.
4. Tiffany Ranch Road loop in Edna Valley offers a scenic tour through the San Luis Obispo Wine Region. Riders can expect hills at the end of the valley and winds from the north in the afternoon. Crossing the valley at Biddle Ranch Road can make a shorter ride.
5. Morro Bay Ramble near the famous Morro Rock takes you through wilderness of Morro Bay State Park, then through the streets and Embarcadero of this charming seaside town. Riders can expect mostly uncrowded roads, but on weekends South Bay Boulevard and downtown Morro Bay can have some heavy traffic.
There are so many affordable things to do in Wine Coast Country. For more information, visit www.WineCoastCountry.com/slo/top-5-outdoor-adventures.
About Wine Coast Country
Wine Coast country represents the San Luis Obispo County Business Improvement District (CBID), whose mission is to promote increased occupancy in the 801 lodging properties that are part of the CBID constituency. WineCoastCountry.com promotes tourism to San Luis Obispo County’s distinct unincorporated areas. For more information, call Cheryl Cuming at (805) 547-CBID (2243) or visit www.WineCoastCountry.com
Source: Whitney Diaz