Winter Park, COLO., (June 15, 2011) – Winter’s grasp has finally released Winter Park Resort, allowing Trestle Bike Park to open for the 2011 summer season on Saturday, June 18, 2011. The fastest growing bike park in North America, located just 67 miles from Denver, will open below Five-Points for downhill and freeride mountain bikers to explore the rush of this growing gravity-fed sport. With a master plan to expand trails, programs and events this summer season, Trestle Bike Park is gearing up to offer an unforgettable riding season.
The Trestle Bike Park crew is working to open the following trails below the mid-mountain location of Five-Points on Saturday, June 18, 2011; Lower Long Trail, Portions of Rainmaker, Boot Camp, Beeall Ucanbe and No Quarter, with terrain expansion plans to eventually include 37 miles of downhill trails, plus over 200 features to fulfill our guests’ adrenaline pumping appetite. Here is a snapshot of what sets Trestle Bike Park above other parks:
- New! Expanding expert jump trail, Rainmaker, above Five-Points to the top, completed late-August
- New! 3 lifts spinning; Zephyr, daily, 6/18-9/25, plus Gemini and Eskimo, weekends, 7/2–9/25
- New! Trestle All-Mountain Enduro Race, presented by Trek, 8/19-21
- New! Trek Dirt Series Mountain Bike Camp for Women, guest coach – Women’s World Cup DH Champion, Tracy Moseley, 7/16-17
- New! Signed Trestle Bike Park sponsored rider, Ross Schnell
- New! Expanded season, now open daily through 9/25
- New! BikeSource shop to offer full retail, bike service, parts inventory, demos & rentals for the cross-country athletes
- Huge beginner experience with Trestle 101 lessons at Trestle Bike Park School and top-to-bottom beginner run, Green World
- Largest rental and high-end demo fleet in the United States at Trestle Bike Park Shop
- New restaurants, activities and events for the entire family in The Village at Winter Park
Trestle Bike Park pricing includes full day tickets at $37 (adult), $29 (child 6-12 yrs); half day tickets are just $29 (adult), $19 (child 6-12 yrs); and for those looking to ride unlimited days this summer, Trestle Bike Park season passes are $249 adult, $129 child (6-12 yrs).
An early season lodging deal to celebrate opening day includes a deal to save 20% on nightly lodging, click here for details, http://www.winterparkresort.com/deals.
For additional information on Trestle Bike Park or Crankworx Colorado, contact the Winter Park Guest Services team at www.trestlebikepark.com or (970) 726-1564.
ABOUT TRESTLE BIKE PARK AND WINTER PARK RESORT
Winter Park Resort is summer’s best escape. Located just 67 miles from Denver, Colorado and surrounded by the Continental Divide. Winter Park Resort’s Trestle Bike Park is the fastest growing bike park in the United States offering 37 miles of gravity-fed trails with an expanding list of over 200 features. Boasting a top-to-bottom green trail called Green World and planned expansion of Rainmaker, Trestle is a mecca for mountain bikers of all skillset. Winter Park Resort also offers family activities at the base including Colorado’s longest Alpine Slide, events in The Village at Winter Park, plus much more! To book your next vacation, visit www.winterparkresort.com or call Winter Park Central Reservations at 800-729-5813.