Timp Peak (150mm 27.5 f/s carbon)
- Hundreds of email requests and phone calls.
- Better rolling that 26, better handling and lighter than 29
- Can build a longer travel bike with a shorter wheelbase
- All Mountain Suspension – this bike is meant to take all trails
- 4.9lb frame weight
- All carbon – including rear triangle and rocker link
- 142×12 rear axle
- Internal cable routing for shifters, rear brake or dropper post
- Shimano press fit BB
- Tapered headtube
- 67 degree headtube, 73 degree seat tube, 12.5″ BB height with 140mm fork, 13” with 150mm fork
- Available in many different build options. The spec we were showing will be priced at $5299, including the Fox 24 Talas 150mm factory kashima Remote with Float CTD factory Kashima remote shock, Full XT with XTR RD, Reverb seat post, and Reynolds Carbon 27.5 wheels.
We really like the ride characteristics the Talas fork gives an all-mountain/trail bike. By being able to change the height of the fork you change the headtube angle, weight balance and the feel of the bike. In essence creating two bikes, where one is better at descending, then flick the switch for the ling climb.
Utilize 3D printing machines to create 3D printed, collapsible mandrels
- Tighter wrapping of carbon makes it more efficient and lighter. Gives the inside of the tubes a smooth finish to help reduce weight.
- Better forms, keeps a better consistency over a larger number production frames.
- We can remove the mandrels before the curing process, piece by piece thanks to the 3D printed material.
- Smaller sheets of carbon at junctions to make the layup more precise and lighter. You don’t get extra carbon fiber that is not needed, reducing. It is more expensive to use this technique but it give a better performance and weight qualities.
- Mix of high modulus and Inter. Modulus to maximize stiffness, desired flex and weight. Different places in the frame require extreme stiffness while other areas you want to have a little bit of movement. By changing the type of carbon we use in each location we can achieve the desired stiffness and flex.