The USA Cycling Pro Mountain Bike Cross-Country Tour (Pro XCT) wrapped up on Saturday with the Subaru Cup in Mt. Morris, Wisc. With standings supremacy up for grabs, riders competed hard for every inch of terrain.
Todd Wells (Durango, Colo./Specialized Factory Racing) finished second in Saturday’s race to collect 190 points and jump from third into the top spot of the Pro XCT men’s standings. Wells completed the season with 700 points, 70 points ahead of the second-place Sam Schultz (Missoula, Mont./Subaru-Trek). Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski (Boulder, Colo./Subaru-Trek) matched Schultz’s 630 points, but finished in third place because Schultz won the Hammer Nutrition Missoula XC. Colin Cares (Boulder, Colo./Kenda-Felt) tumbled from the top spot into fourth place after finishing 18th in Wisconsin. Russell Finsterwald (Colorado Springs, Colo./Subaru-Trek) is the top-ranked U23 rider, placing fifth in the final standings with 560 points, only 15 points behind Cares.
Monique “Pua” Mata (Westminster, Calif./Sho-Air-Specialized) placed second in Wisconsin, but topped the final Pro XCT women’s standings with 730 points. The winner of Saturday’s race, Heather Irmiger (Boulder, Colo./Subaru-Trek), collected the maximum 200 points after winning on Saturday, but finished the season in second place with 680 points. Judy Freeman (Littleton, Colo./Crankbrothers Race club) jumped from fifth in the previous standings into third place in the final standings with 580 points, while Erin Huck (Boulder, Colo./Tokyo Joe’s) slipped one spot into fourth with 500 points. Only five points behind Huck is Chloe Woodruff (Tucson, Ariz./Crankbrothers Race Club), who placed third in Saturday’s race to finish the season with 495 points.
The top five of the Pro XCT team standings are unchanged after the previous standings update. Subaru-Trek topped the final standings with 194 points, 81 points ahead of the second-place Specialized Racing. Kenda-Felt Pro Mountain Bike Team finished in third place with 107 points, 22 points ahead of LUNA Chix, which placed fourth, and 58 points ahead of BMC Mountain Bike Development Team.
Check out a photo gallery from the race.
USA Cycling Pro XCT Standings:
1. Todd Wells (Durango, Colo./Specialized Factory Racing) — 700
2. Sam Schultz (Missoula, Mont./Subaru-Trek) — 630
3. Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski (Boulder, Colo./Subaru-Trek) — 630
4. Colin Cares (Boulder, Colo./Kenda-Felt) — 575
5. Russell Finsterwald (Colorado Springs, Colo./Subaru-Trek) — 560
1. Pua Mata (Westminster, Calif./Sho-Air-Specialized) — 730
2. Heather Irmiger (Boulder, Colo./Subaru-Trek) — 680
3. Judy Freeman (Littleton, Colo./Crankbrothers Race Club) — 580
4. Erin Huck (Boulder, Colo./Tokyo Joe’s) — 500
5. Chloe Woodruff (Tucson, Ariz./Crankbrothers Race Club) — 495
1. Subaru-Trek — 194
2. Specialized Racing — 113
3. Kenda-Felt Pro MTB Team — 107
4. Team LUNA Chix — 85
5. BMC Mountain Bike Development Team — 49
For complete standings, visit the Pro XCT’s official webpage at usacycling.org/proxct.
Source: Dave Gaylinn