The first generation Niner AIR 9 RDO was a stone-cold hammer of a climber. But the descending ride quality was very harsh on the rider as well. The second generation took away the harshness but caused the RDO to lose a bit of its speed edge. This new AIR 9 RDO aims to merge the best characteristics of each with a frame that climb like the first one but with the comfort of the predecessor. This is achieved with a frame that has two skeletons, a top and a bottom with unique characteristics to achieve the goal.
Following the lead of the RKT 9 RDO, the new AIR drops the handlebar height to put the rider in the attack position attack the climbs. Lengthening the cockpit and slackening the head angle further modernizes the trail descending abilities of this steed. Mate it with a 100mm fork for pure racing or a 120mm fork to add a little bit of fun in the mix. The chainstays were shortened 4mm to a targeted 435mm achieving a good balance of quickness and stability.
Two color treatments are offered with the new style of Niner logo branding. The more striking color palette is a neon inspired logo and striping treatment. Mated with a matte black backdrop, the package is actually very interesting and attractive. More traditional color seekers will be happy with the red and white color treatment with the matte black frame.
Shipping in June, pricing for this bike is available in six kits starting at $3500 and going up to $8500 with Shimano XTR components and Niner carbon wheels.
- Niner RDO Carbon Compaction System for the ultimate in light weight, strength
- Niner’s World Cup tested geometry gets updated for a modern race fit and improved handling characteristics
- 27.2 Seat post provides rider comfort while the frame maintains efficiency
- Optimized for 100mm forks (also compatable with 120mm forks)
- Internal cable routing for a clean setup that is Di2 ready
- Boost 148 x 12 mm rear spacing for optimum power transfer, geometry, and wheel stiffness
- Titanium frame guards
- Size XS-XL available
- 73mm PF30 BB (BioCentric 30 Compatatible)
- PF30 BB is adaptable to threaded BB via adapters (sold separately)
- 27.2 Seat post, 400mm recommended
- Internal dropper post compatible
- 31.8 Seat collar
- 34.9 high clamp front derailleur, bottom or front pull
- 1.125” X 1.5” Tapered integrated (campy style) head tube, headset included, cane creek description: IS42/28.6 IS52/40
- Boost 148 x 12mm rear spacing
- All sizes have 2 bottle mounts inside front triangle
- Titanium frame guards
- Can fit up to a 2.4” Tire (tire sizes vary by brand, some tires may not fit)
- SRAM recommended 2x Boost chain rings: 26/39t or lower
- SRAM 1x Boost max chain ring clearance: 38t, 168mm q factor
- Shimano XT M800 recommended 2x chain rings: 28/40t or lower
- XTR M9020 recommended 1x chain ring: 38t or lower
For more information visit www.ninerbikes.com.