One of the greatest advances in the last few years is the migration of mountain bikes toward tubeless tires. Are there any proven advantages to this setup over the traditional inner tube systems?
Reasons to go tubeless:
1. Tubeless is lighter. 200 grams per bike lighter equates to 600 gram difference since it is rotating weight.
2. Tubeless tires get less punctures. The sealant repairs most trail punctures.
3. Tubeless results in less snakebite punctures.
4. Tubeless results in more grip since one can run lower pressures.
5. Tubeless tires give more compliance and a smoother ride.
Agree or disagree? Any that we missed?