Apparently red is the in color for suspension makers this season. Back in March, RockShox showed off a host of suspension updates, including a new Lyric enduro fork with bright red lowers. Then in May, Mtbr got a look at the new Marzocchi Bomber Z1, which comes with black or red lowers.
Next up is Cane Creek, which just announced a limited edition “Cherry Bomb” version of its Helm 27.5 fork. The fork takes its name from the red fireworks and sports matte black lowers with a firecracker red metallic gloss crown and graphics. It’s available in both coil and air sprung versions, however, unlike the mass produced RockShox and Marzocchi offerings, the new Helm will be limited to a total of 100 forks sold on a first come, first served basis. Price is $1100. To learn more about the fork, check out this video.
“With the Fourth of July right around the corner, it’s time for riders to declare their independence from mass-produced suspension,” said Sam Anderson, product manager for Cane Creek. “The Helm 27.5 Cherry Bomb combines hand-built performance with a look that will light up the trail. This fork definitely makes a statement.”
- Claimed weight: 2070 grams
- Stanchion diameter: 35mm
- Wheel size: 27.5
- Wheel spacing: 15mmx 110mm boost
- Steerer: 1 1/8 in to 1 1/2 in tapered
- Air spring: Independent positive and negative chambers
- Air volume adjustment: Accessory free. Internal 8-position indexed system
- Damper: High Speed Compression 10 Clicks, Low Speed Compression 20 Clicks, Low Speed Rebound 15 clicks
- Axle:“D-Loc“ 15mm thru axle system. Unique to Helm
- Travel: Positioned at 160mm from the factory. Optimized for 140-170mm of travel Internal
- Travel adjustments: 10mm Increments (from 170mm down to 100mm) 2 travel spacers are included with every Helm, one additional spacer is installed from the factory
Cane Creek is accepting orders for the Helm 27.5 Cherry Bomb with the first forks shipping in July. For more info pedal over to www.canecreek.com.