Cane Creek Cycling Components has announced the release of the highly anticipated 29/27.5+ version of the HELM suspension fork.
The HELM 29/27.5+ is available in both air and coil sprung versions with up to 160mm of travel – the coil version being easily adjustable from 130mm to 160mm and the air version from 100mm to 160mm. Both versions come in a gunmetal grey colorway with black and gold graphics.
Each HELM fork is assembled by hand in Cane Creek’s Asheville North Carolina factory and tested three times before it leaves the facility.
The HELM 29/27.5+ maintains all of the same functional characteristics of the original 27.5 fork. This includes a closed cartridge monotube damper, seven-way adjustability and rider adjustable travel, with the addition of a 51mm offset and dimensionally adjusted lowers to accommodate the larger wheel and tire size.
“The HELM 27.5 was the result of a lot of hard work and the overwhelmingly positive response over the last year has been great to see,” said Brent Graves, president and CEO of Cane Creek. “With the HELM 29/27.5+ we are building on that foundation to bring this outstanding fork to even more riders. It’s something we’re all really excited about.”
HELM 29/27.5+ Specifications
- Damper: Closed-cartridge monotube damper
- Spring: Air-sprung and coil-sprung versions available
- Offset: 51mm
- Travel: Air 100mm-160mm; Coil 130mm-160mm
- Weight: Air 2080 grams/160mm; Coil 2340 grams/160mm with 55lb Spring
- Max Tire Size: 29’ x 2.5”, 27.5” x 2.9”
- Axle Spacing: 15mm x 110mm boost spacing
- Adjustments: 7-way adjustability – 10 positions of high speed compression, 20 positions of low speed compression, 15 positions of low speed rebound, 9 positions volume reduction, internal travel adjustment and independently adjustable positive and negative air chambers (air sprung version only)
- Color: Gunmetal Grey
Retail price is $1100 in both air and coil sprung versions.
Available for purchase beginning in April through Cane Creek retailers and distributors as well as factory direct at www.canecreek.com.