The Enduro World Series is coming to a race near you, as the list of official qualifier events grows to 50 races spread across 25 countries and four continents. The expanded lists of races sees the EWS moving into new territories including Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Poland, Switzerland, Colombia, and Slovakia. There will also be a race in Lesotho, marking the first time the EWS will hold an event in Africa.
Taking place across four continents in 2018, the 50 events will allow the fastest riders a way to secure entry to their chosen EWS races. Enduro Mountain Bike Association members can gain points based on their results at these local races, with their best three results of the year totaled to generate their global qualifying ranking for the following year. More details about how the global ranking will be calculated will be released next week – along with some more big news, says the EWS.
The qualifier events were introduced in 2016, with 40 events taking place in 18 countries, and so far roughly 300 athletes have gained direct entry to this season’s races as a result of the system.
“The Qualifier events have been a real success when they were introduced in 2016 and it’s great to see them expanding this season,” said Chris Ball, managing director of the Enduro World Series. “Demand for EWS entries grows year on year and the qualifier events are a great way for riders, especially amateurs, to have a clear and fair pathway into the World Series.”
“We’ve been overwhelmed by the number of applications we’ve had to host qualifiers this year,” continued Ball. “It’s great to see so many countries involved – with 43 nationalities already entered in this season’s EWS races it’s amazing to see how truly global the sport has become. It’s great to offer so many riders the chance to participate in the series and we look forward to seeing who rises through the Qualifier ranks to qualify for the main EWS races in 2019.”
Here’s a look at all the North American qualifier events in 2018.
- April 28: Big Cedar, OK — O-Rock Epic Enduro — www.southernendurotour.com
- May 13: Chilliwack, BC — Fraser Valley Canadian National Enduro Series — www.canadianenduro.com/fraservalley
- May 19: Red Star, AR — Upper Buffalo Enduro — www.arkansasenduroseries.com
- June 2: Squamish, BC — Gryphon Squamish Enduro — www.squamishenduro.com
- June 17: Oak Ridge, TN — Windrock Enduro — www.windrockbikepark.com
- June 17: Panorama, BC — Canadian National Enduro Series — www.canadianenduro.com
- June 30: Kellogg, ID — North American Enduro Cup — www.naenduro.com
- June 30: Lakeshore, CA — China Peak Enduro — www.californiaenduroseries.com
- June 30: Vernon, NJ — CLIF Enduro East at Mountain Creek — www.enduroeast.com
- July 8: Blue Mountain, ON — Canadian National Enduro Series — www.canadianenduro.com
- July 13: Mammoth Mountain, CA — Kamikaze Bike Games — www.kamikazebikegames.com
- July 21: Snowshoe, WV — USA Cycling Enduro Nationals Championships — www.usacycling.org
- July 29: Charlemont, MA — CLIF Enduro East at Thunder Mountain — www.enduroeast.com
- August 18: Steamboat Spring, CO — Revolution Enduro Steamboat — www.revolutionenduro.com
- August 25: Deer Valley Resort, UT — Scott Enduro Cup — www.endurocupmtb.com
The full calendar of EWS qualifier events can be found here.