What is it
The Fezzari Cascade Peak Pro is a versatile all-mountain machine. Built around their AT529 frame design, it has adjustable GA-Link geometry to keep a consistent BB height when changing between 29er and 27.5+ set-ups. The Tetralink AT529 suspension delivers 130mm of travel and is said to improve pedaling efficiency and add a more progressive curve for a bottomless feeling. Like all Fezzari bikes, the Cascade Peak Pro is sold consumer direct and delivered direct to your door.
- Easy out-of-the-box build
- Fits 29er and 27.5+ wheels
- 27.5×2.8 or 29×2.5 tire clearance
- Painless wheel swapping
- Tapered headtube for added strength and stiffness
- English threaded bottom bracket for easy maintenance
- Oversized hydroformed alloy tubing with single pass smooth welding
- Shorter seat tube for improved standover and dropper post clearance
- Attractive price
- Dropper post setup can be complicated for new users
- Oversized bars limit stem options
- Low bottom bracket in 27+ configuration can cause pedal strikes
- Limited color options
- Fox Float 34, 29er fork, Performance Elite 3-Mode Fit4 damper, 140mm travel
- Custom tuned Fox Float 3-Mode EVOL rear shock
- SRAM GX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain with 10-50t cassette
- SRAM X-SYNC 2 Eagle 32t chainring
- WTB Volt Comp saddle
- Truvativ Descendant 6K Aluminum Eagle Crankset
- SRAM Level T brakes with Centerline 180mm/160mm rotors
- Stan’s Flow MK3 tubeless ready wheelset with Stan’s Neo Durasync hub
- Maxxis Minion DHF and DHR 29×2.3 tubeless ready tires
- Fox Transfer dropper post – 100mm, 125mm, or 150mm based on custom setup
- Fezzari Charger 35mm alloy bar and stem
- Fezzari lock-on grips
- Tubeless setup available after adding bike to cart
Fezzari was founded on the ethos of “building the best quality bikes in their class while still delivering exceptional value and experience to its customers.” The Utah-based company is a direct-to-consumer seller, meaning most buyers do not have the chance to test ride their bikes before purchasing. But Fezzari addresses that issue head on, taking key body measurements via their 23-point fit system to ensure a ready-to-ride experience with every bike they sell.
After completing your purchase on-line, your Fezzari bike arrives pre-built and fit to your specific measurements and riding style. Minutes after opening and cutting a few zip ties, the Cascade Peak is nearly dialed. All tools required for assembly are included, plus there’s an easy-to-follow instruction sheet. Within 15 minutes the bike is assembled (fork and shock were set up to my weight before shipping).
Mtbr’s first test rides on the Fezzari Cascade Peak Pro were on snow-covered Pennsylvania singletrack. Later, we got out on hard packed trails in sunny West Virginia. It all added up to a 6-month test period with hundreds of trail miles logged. To say we put this bike through its paces would be an understatement.
The Fezzari Cascade Peak Pro alloy AT529 frame features all internal cable routing and has a clean look. The frame is boost-spaced with a 12mm thru-axles for stiffness, and a threaded bottom bracket for reliable and quiet operation. Fezzari uses oversized bearings for the primary linkage to further maximize durability.
A 66.9-degree headtube angle and shorter wheelbase (compared to the average all-mountain rig) gives the Cascade Peak Pro a playful ride. The low bottom bracket keeps it grounded while descending. However, some pedal strikes occurred in pedal-heavy sections of trail, but only when the bike was set up in the 27.5+ configuration.
Fezzari kept the chainstays short at 432mm, which helps the Cascade Peak Pro nimbly navigate tight twisty singletrack and flowy berms. And the top of the seat tube on the latest version of the Cascade Peak Pro is lowered to reduce standover height and allow longer travel dropper posts.
With a price of $3500, the build and components are top-notch, including an 140mm Fox 34 Performance Elite fork, Fox Reverb dropper post, Fox Float DPS shock with 3-position adjustment, and full SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain. Available sizes are S, M (tested) L and XL.
Bottom line, the Fezzari Cascade Peak Pro, whether in 29er or 27.5+ mode, eats rock gardens and roots for breakfast. I never worried when confronted with a steep punch or long climb, as the suspension provided a super stable pedaling platform, with zero bounce during hard out-of-the-saddle efforts. Indeed, the Fezzari Cascade Peak Pro is a heck of a deal for anyone looking to spread a single bike over several different riding styles. It is equally comfortable on cross-country hammer fests and all day enduro epics. And though the 29er set-up fits my riding style better, the 27+ set up came in handy for snow days.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0
More info: www.fezzari.com