- Internal cable routing Infinite-adjust
- Quick Connector allows easy, tool-free disconnection
- Remote uses standard shifter cable and housing
- Universal thumb lever remote included
- Functions properly below freezing – Suitable for winter riding
- 1x Front shifter style lever available
- Weight: 495g, *30.9 x 440 x 150mm w/o lever
- Length: 350-, 375-, 415-, 440mm
- Quill sizes: 30.9-, 31.6mm
- Travel: 100-, 125-,150mm
- Lever actuation: Mechanical
- Head type: Zero Offset, two-bolt
- Price: $469.99
We were very excited to hear about this announcement as we firmly believe that more players are needed in this category to drive innovation, reliability and to bring the price down.
The $470 price is very high indeed. Unless this post has features and reliability beyond the RockShox Reverb or the KS Lev, it will be very hard to compete. It is priced at a premium tier but it does not have the reputation or track record yet that users need to be comfortable for such a critical component.
The included lever is simple but it doesn’t really address the lever needs of 1×11, 1×10 users. Levers that mimic the absent left hand shifter are much more ergonomic. An optional lever is available but that will surely push the price of this post to the $500 mark. Bundling in both levers in the $470 package would be a great perk for consumers.
We are happy that they are using the 9point8 internals. There is a track record there and they are able to clean up the exterior and the lever ergonomics. This post however is much more expensive than the 9point8 which we’ve reviewed here.
We’re hopeful that this post will prove to be reliable and that Easton and Race Face can drive the price down as the economies of scale kick in and more models are introduced.