Today, RockShox introduced the latest revision of the Lyrik. It is a big-hit single crown fork that can now take on even more with configurable travel from 160mm to 180mm. The Lyrik helped bring RockShox back into the limelight, but it has not been updated in a while, offering only 26er sizes with older dampers. Recognizing the popularity of longer travel forks without having to go to a dual-crown fork, RockShox put all their new technologies in the Lyrik and upped the travel to 180mm.
This fork gets the fabled RCT3 damper and all the new options, such as Torque Caps to increase stiffness and Boost 110 to allow stiffer wheels and Plus size tires. The weight is quite respectable too at 2,005 grams or 4.42 lbs.
The Lyrik fork has been updated to be stiffer and have a longer travel option all the way to 180mm on the 27.5 and 29er wheel sizes. The 35mm chassis has been stiffened as the fork has been updated with the Torque Cap and Boost 110mm compatibility. It is available in 160mm-180mm travel options for 27.5” and 150mm-160mm for 29”.
Pricing and Availability
- Lyrik RCT3 Solo Air, all, travels and configurations: $1,030.00 US
- Lyrik RCT3 Dual Position Air, all AM wheel sizes, travels and configurations: $1,110 US
- Available: October 2015
- 15×100 and Boost 110 (15×110) versions
- Torque Caps compatible (15×100 and Boost 110 versions)
- Tapered legs, taller stiffer brace – chassis optimized for stiffness and light weight
- New retuned Solo Air spring with additional negative volume for a plusher initial stroke
- Bottomless Token tunable in both Solo Air and Dual Position Air configurations
- SKF wiper seals – lower friction better sealing
- User tunable rebound damping via internal shims (same as BoXXer)
- 35mm chassis
- Charger Damper with new SKF cartridge seal – reduced friction and extended service intervals
- Solo Air and Dual Position Air
- Fast Black upper tubes