Developed from the category leading Gore Ride On Sealed Shift Cable System, used by Steve Peat, Greg Minnaar, and Josh Bryceland of the Santa Cruz Syndicate, Gore Ride On’s Ultralight Sealed Shift Cable System offers significant performance advances in critical areas, setting a new benchmark for cable performance, and delivering a noticeably improved riding experience.
- Cable housing weight is reduced by 42%
- 100% non-ferrous housing materials eliminate chance of corrosion
- Housing flexibility is improved for complicated routing
- Full length liner is now completely lubricated, reducing friction by more than 20%, improving shifting feel and precision
- Stainless cable enables use of an advanced version of the Gore coating, further reducing friction and reducing chance of corrosion
- Redesigned, shortened GRUB™ seal, ensures compatibility with all new derailleurs
- One year limited warranty
- Easy to install
- 5mm housing, compatible with all major mountain bike shifting systems
- MSRP TBA
- Test product, images and additional details available late summer 2011
About W.L. Gore & Associates, INC.
Perhaps best known for its consumer products like GORE-TEX® fabric, GORE BIKE WEAR™ and ELIXIR® guitar strings, Gore is a leading manufacturer of thousands of advanced technology products for the electronics, industrial, fabrics and medical markets. The company is headquartered in Newark, Delaware, and employs approximately 8500 associates in 45 facilities throughout the world. For more information about W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. and GORE products, call 1-800-431-GORE or visit www.rideoncables.com https://www.gore-tex.com.
Gore, Ride On, Gore-Tex, Gore Bike Wear, Elixir and designs are trademarks of W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. Sram and Red are registered trademarks of Sram Corporation.
Source: Lois Mabon, Product Manager, Gore Ride On Cable Systems