690 points of engagement:
That is what the new Industry Nine Hydra is supplying. Now that we have your attention let talk about how something like this came to be.
Quick driver engagement has become synonymous with Industry Nine wheels – always pushing what is needed and what’s attainable. Its newest release, Hydra driver raises the bar on hub technology, using an independently-phased six pawl, 115 tooth drive ring. Nearly two years in the making – this drive ring helps Hydra rewrite the rules of engagement. The new drive ring enables an enormous leap to 690 points of engagement or .52° between each.
Hydra is said to offer consistent, reliable engagement without overloaded bearings, axles or hub shells. The innovative new design utilizes a continually phased system, creating a procession of engagement points between pawl and drive ring. The model uses the inherent flex of the axle to accomplish positive second, third or fourth pawl contact. Hydra also tempers uncontrolled axle and bearing movements conventional designs can’t mechanically limit, thus improving bearing life and decreasing resistance.
Industry Nine Hydra features include:
- 115 tooth drive ring
- Hubs: System + Classic j-bend
- 11 custom anodized colors
- 6 pawl, 6 phase
- 28 hole + 32 hole
- Improved internal layout to maximize performance, increase durability and lower drag.
Hydra evolves the performance of Industry Nines 2019 mountain, and Fat Bike range in both Classic hubs and premium System wheelsets including our steel spoke S-Series. As always, riders can find their perfect adaptations with a universe of fitment, freehub bodies, hub and spoke colors, wheel models and sizes.
- Wheelsets starting at $975 MSRP
- Hubsets starting at $650 MSRP
The 101 confidence in a wallet-friendly package
Confident and capable of cleaning the A-line yet wallet-friendly to save up for a season of bucket list rides, the 101 hub stays true to Industry Nines performance heritage.
The 101 features a dual phased-pawl drive mechanism accomplishing 90 POE and 4° engagement by way of a six pawl driver and 45 tooth drive ring – 101 takes a no-nonsense approach in welcoming riders to Industry Nine.
Though the 101 Industry Nine will be available to more riders than ever, high engagement hubs in an innovative and affordable package. 101 will initially be offered as standalone Boost mountain hub sets in 28 or 32 hole options, ISO 6 bolt or Center Lock rotor fit, and HG, XD1 or Micro Spline freehub body options. Complete wheels will be available late spring.
Industry Nine 101 Features include:
- High-load sealed cartridge bearings
- 15mm axle to fit all current freehub body options
- Lightening quick 4° engagement
- Service-friendly retained pawls actuated by durable leaf-springs
- A robust protection system using a labyrinth radial lip seal and endcap proximity seals
- Unified service parts across the rangendustry Nine unleashes 690 points of engagement with new Hydra and wallet-friendly 101 hubsets.
Explore Industry Nine’s Hydra at industrynine.com.