CO2 cartridges are handy as they can get you back pedaling in no time after that unfortunate flat tire. And they can even seal that tubeless setup out on the trail. But how much can they really inflate today’s big new tires?
Small 16 gram CO2 cartridges used to suffice for road tires and 26ers but as we moved on to 29ers and bigger tires, we found that 25 gram cartridges were more appropriate for mtb tires.
But now we have fat tires up to 5.0 inches in width and Plus tires up to 3.0 inches. Luckily, these bigger tire sizes are ideal with lower pressure than their skinnier counterparts. In general, with our tubeless setups and knowledge of grip and rolling resistance, many of us have moved to running lower pressure more than a decade ago.
But how much can that CO2 cartridge really inflate your tire? What CO2 size do you need to carry to get you back on the trail without compromise?
Threaded CO2 cartridges are available in 18, 25 or 38 gram sizes. MSW CO2 Cartridges fit all MSW inflator heads as well as the competitors’ inflators.
- 18 gram threaded cartridges available as a 3-pack
- 25 gram threaded cartriges available as a 2-pack
- 38 gram threaded cartridges are sold individually
INF-200 AirStream Inflator Head
The AirStream is a lightweight, minimalist compressed air inflator head for your tool kit or jersey pocket.
- Simple operation: twist on and off to control air flow
- One side threaded for cartridge storage
- Rubber plug prevents grit and grime from contaminating the system
For more information visit mswbike.com.