Intense has set its sights on the world of cross country racing with the release of the Sniper XC and Sniper Trail. Intense fans need not worry, though. Sure you can race these bikes in Lycra, but they still have the trail shredding Intense ride that riders have grown to love.
The Sniper is a dedicated, pedaling machine with two travel versions: XC 100mm and Trail 120mm. Intense designed these short travel rigs to descend like their long travel siblings.
“This is no twitchy XC bike,” read the associated PR material. “With the 29er wheel size and progressive XC/trail geometry, you get a stable ride that goes where you point it.”
The bikes will be offered with a standard hardware package, as well as a light weight SL package to shave some grams.
- Longer front center per-size and spec’d with 50mm stem
- Slack headtube angle coupled with the 44mm offset fork on the 100mm Sniper and 51mm offset on the Sniper Trail
- Long wheelbase for better stability and traction
- BB height of 13″ on Sniper and 13.3″ Sniper Trail
- Carbon frame with carbon/magnesium links
- Weight: 21.9-24.1 pounds
- Available in sizes: S-XL
The Sniper XC comes in four builds: Factory, Elite, Pro and Expert. The Sniper Trail comes in two builds: Pro and Expert. Pricing ranges from $4499 to $8499.
For more info race over to intensecycles.com.