This news may not seem all that exciting int he mountain biking world but have you seen how many new riders are out on the streets and trails these days? The Shelter In Place seems to have ignited the need and the love for biking and many riders are dusting off old bikes and purchasing new ones to get some precious physical and mental exercise. But have you seen the helmets they’re wearing or lack of?
The news here is these helmets are incredibly protective, affordable at $50 and they look cool! Leatt is one of the most trusted brands in protection and they’ve gone with a proven, full-coverage design. And the key is they’ve implemented their 360-degree Turbine Technology. These not only add some rotation and vertical impact absorption, but they also add comfort since they take away pressure points with the helmet.
The 360 ̊ Turbine Technology inside the helmet has two exclusive advantages, namely the reduction of rotational acceleration by up to 40% to the head and brain, and the absorption of energy upon impact at concussion level by up to 30%.
Two sizes and 5 color options are available.
- Polymer Compound shell in two sizes
- 360° Turbine Technology
- Reduces up to 30% of head impact at concussion level
- Reduces up to 40% of rotational acceleration to head and brain
- Optimized for a casual fit without compromising safety
- In-molded impact foam for great energy absorption
- 11 vents
- Moisture-wicking, breathable, anti-odor and washable inner liner
- Certified and tested: AS/NZS 2063:2008, EN1078, CPSC 1203, ASTM F2032-06
- Weight: from 280g (0,55 lbs)
- #XS/S (51-55cm – 20-21 ⅝”)
- #M/L (55-59cm – 21 ⅝ – 23 ¼”)
- Price: $49.99
Check here for more information: https://www.leatt.com/shop/bike/helmets.html