Meet the all-new Foxy Carbon 29. Following the introduction of the Foxy Carbon in 2018, Mondraker’s most popular model now welcomes a 29er sibling. After years in development, its arrival marks the perfect celebration of Mondraker’s 15th anniversary.
Mondraker calls the new bike its most innovative, efficient and capable mountain bike, delivering point and shoot performance. “Demolishing the barrier between uphill and downhill capability, the Foxy 29 offers boundary-pushing versatility whether tasked with trail riding or enduro racing, enhancing the riding experience regardless of skill level or rider type.”
Foxy 29 combines several of Mondraker’s signature features into a single package optimized around 29er wheels. Their proprietary, floating Zero Suspension System is specifically adapted to provide snappier response and better pedaling efficiency with larger diameter wheels. A revised rear suspension pivot delivers higher anti-squat figures, yielding the aforementioned crisper acceleration, a stable yet agile ride, and a full 150mm of impact eating suspension. Here’s the geo chart. Click the image to enlarge.
Mondraker is widely credited with pioneering modern mountain bike geometry back in 2013 with the introduction of Forward Geometry, which offers greater stability and control at higher speeds, optimal rider placement, increased traction, and superior handling.
The new Foxy 29 has 150mm of rear travel and a 160mm travel fork with a short 44mm offset, which is mated to a 66-degree head angle (adjustable down to 65-degrees). Combine this with a long top tube and 30mm stem and the result is a balanced ride.
Foxy 29 uses what the Spanish company calls Stealth Air Technology, a carbon fiber production process found only in their flagship carbon models. “Stealth Air achieves the combination of organic, flowing lines, slender top tubes, and purposeful stance,” said the accompanying PR material. “Beneath the surface is a rigorous production process that incorporates a careful selection and preparation of several different types of carbon fiber.”
This follows a layup technique which utilizes precisely shaped internal and external molds within a Vacuum Compression Process. The result is a lightweight frame that achieves class strength and rigidity.
- New All Mountain-Enduro range with 160mm front and 150mm rear suspension travel
- ISCG05 / BB73 threaded bottom bracket / Tapered headtube / Post mount rear brake caliper
- 3 models: Foxy Carbon R 29, Foxy Carbon RR 29, Foxy Carbon XR 29
- 4 sizes: S (15”) / M (16,5”) / L (18,5”) / XL (20”)
- Stealth Air technology
- Mondraker 29” Forward Geometry
- New 29-specific Zero kinematics with metric Trunnion shock mount
- Adjustable geometry +/-1º head angle
- Shorter fork offsets
- CSC technology upper link
- 1×12 drivetrain specific design
- HHG internal cable routing: Hidden Housing Guide
- Oversized pivot thru axles and enduro bearings
- Boost standard hub spacing – 12x148mm & 15x110mm
- Integrated and removable rear shock fender
- Downtube and chainstay protectors
Learn more at www.mondraker.com.