Haiti Ascent Stage Race January 30 – February 2, 2013
Pro Mountain Bike Racer and Legend Marla Streb (Team Luna Chix) is inviting YOU to come and race with her in Haiti for an amazing stage race.
The Haiti Ascent Stage Race combines a once-in-a-lifetime cultural experience like no other. At the same time, you will be helping to build the foundation for a sustainable “adventure tourism” industry in a developing country that could use the assistance. You will get to race a challenging course through some of the most rugged and awe-inspiring terrain in the Western Hemisphere.
Marla says, “MTB Ayiti expresses what I believe in. It’s a new adventure, it’s giving back, it’s establishing mountain biking in beautifully rugged Haiti. I am so looking forward to it.”
Joining Marla will be MTB World Champ, US Road, MTB and CX Champ, Bicycle Hall of Famer, and Olympian Ruthie Matthes.
The stage race will run from Port-au-Prince to Jacmel, Haiti. Attractions for participants include:
- Unique opportunity to visit a relatively undiscovered and unvarnished corner of the world
- A chance to see the “real Haiti”
- The chance to be part of something that has a positive impact for Haitian communities
- Enjoy an unduplicated adventure travel /epic mountain bike stage race experience
- A chance to be part of a Serac Adventure Films sports production
Here is a link to a short promo video of what you might expect: https://vimeo.com/37898645
The cost isn’t cheap, but you have to keep in mind that this really is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. And if you act quickly, the first 10 riders using promo code “marla-ayiti” are sponsored with a $300 entry fee savings!
Here’s how to enter:
1. Click on https://mtbayiti.eventbrite.com
2. Under the two registration options, there is a small link that reads “Enter promotional code”
3. When you click that link, a small box pops up and you type in “marla-ayiti” and click “APPLY”
4. Follow and complete the registration process
For more info: mtbayiti.org
All images courtesy of: Steve Z Photography (https://www.steve-z.com/)