What is it
This new dropper post from OneUp Components sounds too good to be true. It has the shortest insert length, the shortest stack length, and it can be shimmed to limit the amount of travel. It touts infinite, damped travel, and the speed of the post can be controlled by the lever actuation force. But is it affordable and reliable?
- Shortest insert length for given travel
- Shortest extended height for given travel
- Can be shimmed to limit the amount of travel
- Damped and controllable
- Minimal play
- Ergonomic carbon lever minimizes thumb movement
- Low price is unheard of
- Lever not the easiest to actuate since position gives it less leverage
- Lever hard to actuate when saddle heavily weighted
This dropper post is easy to install, operate, and maintain. More importantly, it maximizes the amount of drop a rider can use on any bike by employing clever design choices. Operation and usability are top-notch. Price is unbelievable at $199 post only, or $248 with lever. Reliability is the only remaining question. Our test period was brief. But for now it’s all thumbs up.
- Drop 170mm or 150mm infinitely adjustable.
- Diameter 30.9mm or 31.6mm
- Routing internal only
- Travel reducing shim reduces travel up to 50mm. Sold separately.
Weight Post Only
- 170mm x 450mm, 31.6mm: 565g
- 170mm x 450mm, 30.9mm: 545g
- 150mm x 410mm, 31.6mm: 530g
- 150mm x 410mm, 30.9mm: 509g
Rating: 5 out of 5
Price: $199 post only, $249 with lever
More Info: www.oneupcomponents.com