The dropper post category is crowded with almost every component company in the arena. That’s good for the rider, who now has lots of options instead of getting cornered into one $400 unreliable post. And the more things change, the more riders want a longer drop for their bike. The problem now is navigating the maze of insert lengths and extension maximums.
The good news is OneUp has introduced the most promising dropper we’ve seen to date. Three weeks in, we’re still impressed. The only wildcard now is reliability and serviceability.
- Drop 170mm or 150mm infinitely adjustable
- Diameter 30.9mm or 31.6mm
- Routing internal only
- Travel reducing shim reduces travel up to 50mm
- Price: $199 post only, $248 with lever
Weight Post Only
- 170mm x 450mm, 31.6mm: 565g
- 170mm x 450mm, 30.9mm: 545g
- 150mm x 410mm, 31.6mm: 530g
- 150mm x 410mm, 30.9mm: 509g
To learn more head over to www.oneupcomponents.com.