The Exposure Diablo is now in its sixth edition as it claims 1300 Lumens with a run time of one hour. We’ve grown up with this light since the first revision and it is still the light with the most polished construction and most functional helmet mount.
The Diablo Mk.6 still packs a punch in the category with a brightness measured at 1140 Lumens with a weight of 132 grams.
The helmet mount is still good, but with the flared out rear of the Diablo, the light needs to be mounted well on the rear of the helmet so the light can be aimed properly.
Video: Test loop with the Exposure Lights Diablo Mk.6. Camera is on a locked ISO setting and is set to Wide Angle mode
Beam Pattern Photo
We photographed the lights in the same location setting with the same camera settings. The photos were taken in the back yard that is approximately 25 yards long. These photos feature many objects and a distinct background to analyze detail and beam pattern. Compare all Beam Patterns here »
Integrating Sphere Measured Lumens
This light measured 1140 Lumens in an integrating sphere. Claimed Lumens by the manufacturer is 1300 Lumens. Compare all Lumen Tests here »
- Still one of the brightest and lightest
- It serves as the perfect flashlight around the house or campground
- Extremely small and bright with 132 gram weight
- Very innovative helmet and handlebar mounts are both included
- Machining and quality are first rate
- Carrying case is just right
- Flexibility with piggyback battery option and many other options accepted by the Smart Port
- Excellent programmability and light levels now available
- Switch quality is excellent
- 1140 measured Lumens falls short of 1300 Lumen claims
- 1:00 hour run time at full power is limited
- $300 for this light is being threatened by a crop of new self-contained lights and there’s better options for a bar light
- Price: $300
- Claimed Lumens: 1300 Lumens
- Measured Lumens: 1140 Lumens
- Lumens per $: 3.80 Lumens
- Lumens per gram: 8.64 Lumens
- Time on High: 1:00 Hours
- Charge Time: n/a Hours
- Mounted Weight: 132 grams
- Category: Flashlight/High End
4.5 out of 5 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
For more information visit www.ibexsports.com.
This article is part of Mtbr and RoadBikeReview’s 2015 Lights Shootout. To see all the bike lights tested CLICK HERE.