Let’s face it, carbon wheels are a hot market and right now and Reynolds Cycling is one of the premier brands when it comes to carbon wheels. Long known for their innovations with carbon road wheels, Reynolds is expanding their mountain bike offerings for 2014 with several new models in the popular 27.5″ wheel size and they are expanding their 29er offerings as well.
Here is what Paul Lew (Reynolds Cycling Director of Engineering) has to say about carbon MTB wheels:
“Carbon provides a quieter, stiffer, stronger ride you can feel immediately. It takes the chatter out of the rough sections, helps you stick in the corners and brings all the strength of our composite technologies from the road to the trail.”
In this video, Rob from Reynolds shows us some highlights of the new 2014 carbon MTB wheels including the all new 29R XC carbon wheels and the super wide (31mm) 27.5 AM carbon wheels.
29 XC carbon wheels
- designed for the XC racer, marathoner, super endurance racer or every day rider
- weight: 1525 grams (set)
- shallower and narrower than previous version (26mm deep, 24mm wide)
- 19mm internal channel
- stiff, accelerates well, fast
- comes with interchangeable end cap options front and rear (to fit any axle standard)
- 11 speed ready out of the box
- XX1 driver available
The Reynolds 29 XC carbon wheels are due in stores around fall of this year and will have an MSRP of $1990.
27.5 carbon AM wheels
- designed for the enduro racer or aggressive trail rider (perhaps the strongest rim Reynolds has ever made)
- 31mm wide
- 24mm internal channel
- tubeless ready
- approx. 1650 grams
- come with interchangeable end cap options front and rear (to fit any axle standard)
The Reynolds 27.5 AM carbon wheels are also due in stores around fall of this year with an MSRP of $1900.
For those of you on a budget, Reynolds still makes plenty of wheels in Alloy (designated with the “R” on the model name). Also, they offer the RAP (Reynolds Assurance Program) as an additional option that provides a type of “insurance” against accident damage with a no-questions-asked policy.
More information about the current product lineup from Reynolds, check them out at: https://www.https://www.reynoldscycling.com/.com