Add Reynolds to a long list of wheel makers embracing wide hookless bead rims — and offering carbon hoops at lower prices. Indeed, gone are the days when $2000 was the minimum price of entry for composite MTB wheels.
Reynolds new TR 307 S (for 27.5) and TR 309 S (for 29er) carbon wheels sell for $1549 each, have an internal rim width of 30mm, are tubeless ready, and come with a 30-day customer satisfaction guarantee and lifetime warranty. Hub spacing is boost or standard, with Shimano and SRAM XD driver options. Claimed weight for the TR 307 S is 1560g, while the TR 309 S come in at 1635g. And both wheelsets are offered with six different color decal options, ranging from a low-key gray to orange, yellow, and red. Press play to learn more.
Reynolds also continues to sell its higher priced Blacklabel wheels, which currently sell for $1839 to $2299. Here’s a full rundown of key features and specs on the new TR 307 S and TR 309 S offerings.
- Rim Material: Carbon Fiber
- Available in 27.5 or 29er wheel sizes
- Asymmetrical rim profile increases strength and creates more even spoke tension
- Tubeless-ready hookless rim profile for a no-burp tire fit and ease of inflation
- Hub: Reynolds TR6 Mountain Hub, CNC machined, 5-degree engagement, 6-pawl freehub
- Rim Width: Internal 30mm, External 36mm
- Rim Depth: 26mm
- Spoke Count: 28 Front, 28 Rear
- Brake Interface: Disc Only, Center Lock
- Front Axles: 15×100 or 15×110 (Boost)
- Rear Axles: 12×142 or 12×148 (Boost)
- Freehub: Shimano 9-11spd or SRAM XD
- Custom color options available to match your bike
- Lifetime Warranty
- 30-Day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
For more info roll over to reynoldscycling.com.