RSD Bikes is a small Toronto-based brand that made their mark in the mountain bike world with offerings like their Mayor fat bike. They build in steel, aluminum and ti and they were at the Mtbr booth at the Sea Otter Classic showing us their all new Plus bike, the Wildcat.
The Wildcat has a 7005 aluminum frame with a four bar linkage suspension design. It has 120mm of rear travel that is paired with 150mm of front travel to produce a head angle of 66.5 degrees. It was designed specifically as a Plus bike, but it can also run normal width 29er tires.
RSD Bikes Wildcat spec
- Fork: RockShox Pike RC 27+ 150mm
- Shock: RockShox Monarch R
- Headset: Cane Creek ZS-44 Headset
- Bar: RaceFace Atlas Black Bar
- Grip: Ergon GE10 Grips Black
- Stem: Race Face Turbine 35mm 50mm stem
- Rims: Sun Ringle Mulefüt 50 27.5 Front 110×15, Sun Ringle Mulefüt 50 27.5 Rear 148×12 Shimano 11spd
- Bottom bracket: Race Face BB 73mm
- Chain: KMC X11SL chain
- Chainring: Race Face 30T NW DM Ring
- Crank: Race Face 73mm Turbine Cinch Crank
- Cassette: Shimano XT 10/42T 11spd Cassette
- Shifter: Shimano XT 11spd Black Shifter
- Derailleur: Shimano XT Clutch Med Cage 11spd Black
- Brakes: Shimano XT Black Brakes
- Brake rotors: SLX Rotors KSMRT66M 180mm
- Saddle: WTB Volt Comp Black saddle
- Seatpost: Race Face Turbine post / KS Dropper Post (optional)
- Rear axle: Black Rear Maxle Ultimate 12x148mm 174mm axle
- Seat collar: 34.9mm
- Tires: 27.5x3in tires Maxxis Chronicle
This bike will be available in Winter of this year at a pretty amazing price. A complete bike (equipped similar to the bike pictured here) will retail for only $2999 US. There is also an option including a KS dropper post for $3199 and the frame only (with shock) will run $1699. It will be available in two colors, metallic dark green and dark charcoal. Available sizes will be SM, MD, LG, XL.
If the Wildcat proves to be as popular as RSD’s other offerings, at this price point we expect the Wildcat to be a hit.
For more info, visit www.rsdbikes.com.
This article is part of Mtbr’s coverage of the 2016 Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, California. For more from Sea Otter CLICK HERE.