Shimano today announced that Di2 will now be available in the Shimano XT level. This means that expensive technology previously only available in XTR will now be within reach of many consumers.
Video: Going through the gears on a 1×11 system with 11-46 cassette.
In addition, the XT and XTR Di2 systems can now be configured with a tablet or smart phone. Previously, it was only configurable with a wired connection to a Windows PC computer. This welcome development will make the flexibility of the Di2 system much more accessible to most users.
The shifter has also been improved on the XT system to make the two triggers more distinct from each other in terms of location and reach. This seems to bring the shifters more familiar to existing mechanical trigger users.
Shimano Deore XT M8050 Di2 electronic shifting integrates with Deore XT M8000 mechanical components in either a 1×11 or 2×11 drivetrain configuration. With increased precision, efficiency and customization of the Di2 electronic system, the original mountain bike component group reinforces its legacy of premium performance and value.
Deore XT SW-M8050 Firebolt Shifter
With its advanced ergonomics and shift logic, the new Deore XT SW-M8050 Di2 Firebolt shifters deliver seamless control and instant response. Free from mechanical limitations, Firebolt’s rotary switch design follows the rider’s natural hand movement and features customizable lever ergonomics. The short stroke levers provide light action with a vivid indexed feel to improve shift accuracy even in the roughest trail conditions, while the versatility of Di2’s programmable shift logic allows the rider to custom tune the system to their riding style.
- Ergonomic rotary shift lever design matches natural hand movement
- Short stroke, perfect click levers provide faster, more accurate shifting
- Programmable, multi-shift and Shimano Synchronized Shift functions
- Dual-directional wire exit cap for versatile routing options
- Weight: 90g (pcs)
Deore XT Di2 FD-M8070 Front Derailleur / RD-M8050-GS Shimano Shadow RD+ Rear Derailleur
The new Deore XT Di2 M8050 derailleurs blend powerful performance with precise shifting that remains crisp and consistent over time. Featuring auto trim technology and an optimized cage design, the Deore XT Di2 front derailleur tracks the movement of the rear derailleur and delivers perfect shifts from every gear combination. The Shimano Shadow RD+ low-profile geometry and chain stabilizer ensure drivetrain security while the electronic wire transmission maintains consistent performance in all weather and trail conditions.
For riders who want expanded gear range while maintaining a simple rider interface, Shimano Synchronized Shift mode controls both derailleurs via a single Di2 Firebolt shifter. The system selects efficient gear combinations between the front and rear so riders just concentrate on pedaling and controlling the bike.
Deore XT Di2 FD-M8070 Front Derailleur
- More powerful shifting for reliable gear changes
- Optimized Di2 cage profile and gear tracking improve stability and reduce driving noise
- Optional synchronized front and rear shifting via a single Firebolt shifter
- Modular mounting structure
- Weight: 150g (w/bolt and D adapter)
Deore XT RD-M8050-GS Di2 Shimano Shadow RD+ Rear Derailleur
- Shifting motor responds instantly to rider input
- E-Tube electric wire transmission guarantees consistent performance in all conditions
- Accurate chain position in every gear
- Programmable, multi-shift and Shimano
- Synchronized Shift functions
- Low-profile design keeps derailleur safely away from trail obstacles
- Shimano Shadow RD+ chain stabilizer with easy adjustment
- Compatible with CS-M8000 11-46t cassette
- (1×11) and 11-40/11-42 (2×11)
- Weight: 329g
Wireless E-tube connectivity delivers handheld customization
Shimano’s Deore XT M8050 Di2 shifting system uses the exclusive E-Tube digital platform, now with integrated ANT private and Bluetooth connectivity via the SC-MT800 Information Display. Utilizing wireless communication, riders can now set up, customize and monitor their Di2 system using Shimano’s expanded E-tube software via a smart phone or tablet computer. ANT private connectivity also facilitates communication with a growing list of cycling computers for a streamlined experience. Mounted to the handlebar, the SC-MT800 is the central rider interface of the XT Di2 system. From the System Information Display, riders can monitor important information such as battery level and toggle performance functions, as well charge the system.
The E-Tube platform is programmable, customizable and allows for expansion and further system integration. Wires are offered in a wide variety of lengths for bikes of all sizes and shapes and cable routing options will connect the various junction points.