- Super Six Alloy
- Rise: 5/15/30/50mm
- Length: 777mm
- Geometry: 4°Up / 8°Back
- Dual XGT Taper with Impact Ends
- Weight: from 280g to 318g
- Color: White/Black/Chrome and New Race Red/Blue/Green
- MSRP: $75
Wide bars are cool. These are 777 mm or 30.5 inches so they are plenty wide but they can be cut down to size. Wise folks will advice the uninformed to buy very wide bars such as these, ride them, move the grips in, ride them and decide on the best length for them. Then get that hack saw and cut away.
The Spike 777 EVO is perfect for this application. They are very wide and strong. The sweep is 4 degrees up and 8 back. So it is a low riser with more back sweep. This is a very modern geometry and it works very well for all mountain and downhill applications. Furthermore, 29ers and 650b wheelsets put the front end up more than the old wheelset so low rise bars like this are very timely.
It’s not easy to review a handlebar as it is not a moving part after all. It usually just does its job admirably and you notice it when there’s a problem. But we’ll try anyway. Installation is easy and the bar’s consistent exterior mates nicely with the stem. The finish is smooth and attractive and it allows slipping in all the handlebar controls and accessories nicely.
The weight is pretty amazing at 290 grams. This is almost 31 inches long and it is World Cup tested. So we are quite impressed that it is under 300 grams for an alloy bar. And finally, it feels good. The rise and sweep are just right and the bars dampen trail vibrations quite nicely.
OOZY LTD Bar
- Material: Zirconium Doped Alloy
- Rise: 5/15mm
- Length: 700mm
- Color: White/Black
- Weight: from 208g to 220g
- Dual Extreme Gradual Taper ~ with “Impact Ends”
- MSRP: $84
We also spent a bit of time with the OOZY LTD bar. Our Specialized Epic was ok in stock form with it’s long stem and short bars. But we put on a 70mm stem and the OOZY 700 mm bar and the bike came alive. The bar just did its job and never interfered with our ride. This one is such a great upgrade to those stock bike setups with narrower bars.
Like the Spike 777 bar above, finish and construction is top-notch.
Spike Race Stem
- FR / DH / AM
- 2D Forged Weight Optimized CNC Construction
- Bar Bore Ø31.8 / Rise 0º
- 55mm Wide Chamfered Bar Clamp
- 35mm Stack Height
- “Snap Fit” Sealed Topcap Included
- Length: 35mm / 50mm
- Weight: ±145g / ±160g
- Color: Polished Black / Red / Blue / Green
- MSRP: $69
$69 for this bad boy and it’s quite a stunning piece of work. It’s got a beautiful shape and finish plus the top cap just integrates nicely in there as it snaps in to place. Weight is 150 grams and it is as stiff as heck. It’s kind of an enigma being so light and affordable. But it has been trouble free for us and we know and it can take much more abuse than we can deliver.
Spike “The Standard” Director Stem
- Boxxer / Fox40 / Manitou / BOS / XFusion Compatible
- Forged – CNC Weight Optimized 6 Series Alloy
- 50mm Extension / 31.8mm barclamp dia.
- Low Profile 15° Dropped Barclamp
- Weight only 150 g
- CNC engraved faceplate logo
- Integrated Design blends with fork crowns beautifully
- Chamfered clamping zones for improved handlebar/stem fatigue life
- Polished Snap-Fit Sealed top-cap included
- Colors: Polished Anodized Black / Red / Blue / White (Powder Coated)
Not Tested Yet.