Best Bontrager Bike Lights
Bontrager’s lights have gone through quite a transformation in recent years. What was once viewed as a simple small add on for new riders has grown into a line of powerful lights that boast leading tech and fantastic price points for consumers. The nice thing about Bontrager’s line of lights is that they span the cycling globe—there are lights for commuters, lights for fairweather riders, and some for the serious trail rider looking to see the line in the pitch-black wilderness. No matter what the riding experience is, Bontrager has a light to cover it.
The Best Bontrager Lights for Mountain Biking
These lights are for the rider who loves to hit the singletrack at night. Some of the best riding, especially in the winter months, can be at night. However, there’s a problem of illumination – the ability to see trail features coming at you, especially riding in dense woods. For that, you need a light that not only has the power to brighten up the landscape and provides a wide view of the trails.
These powerful Bontrager lights are just what you need to ride the trails, whether you plan to mount these on your bars or helmet (or both). For quick changes to the light settings, look for the Bontrager transmitter remote—a must-have for those who like to change the power during rides.
Bontrager Ion Pro RT/Flare RT Light Set
The ultimate “see and be seen” bicycle light combo, this set is the easiest way to stay safe when you ride to and from the trails. The Ion Pro RT provides enough power to light up any trail and integrates easily with your Garmin head unit.
- 1300 lumens of power light to see on the trails and more than enough to be seen on the road
- Quickly connect with Garmin and Bontrager ANT+ devices for always-on, battery status, and wireless control.
- Excellent wide beam to see on paths and rail trails
- The light mount does not work directly with the Garmin computer mount
Bontrager Ion Comp R/Flare R City Bike Light Set
Ion Comp R provides compact power to help illuminate the street, path, or trail, and Flare R City rear tail light enables you to stand out. Both are USB-rechargeable Daytime Running Lights that feature awesome focus, flash, and range flash patterns designed to boost visibility. Perfect for the rider looking to hit the trails after work but not get lost in the woods.
- 700-lumen beam for confident night riding and a great depth of field.
- 35-lumens beam great for trails and road
- DRL-specific focus, flash, and range flash patterns offer great daytime
- Not Bluetooth compatible
- Could be heavy on a helmet mount
Bontrager Ion 450 R Front Bike Light
See at night and be seen during the day with the Bontrager ION 450 light. The focused beam pattern and five different modes ensure you’ll be noticed by traffic and have enough light to illuminate the trail. When used as a daytime running light, the Ion 450 R front bike light has the flash, focus, and range to be seen from up to nearly a mile away. The included Quick Connect bracket makes it easy to remove your light for charging or change from bike to bike.
- Super cost-effective with max output and CREE LED internals
- Can take a hit on the trails and keep rolling
- Great for commuting and trail use
- Not Bluetooth compatible
- 450 is bright but may require a flood for pitch-black trail exploring
Bontrager Transmitr MicroRemote
Bontrager Transmitr MicroRemote allows you to wirelessly control the functions of up to four Bontrager RT lights simultaneously. This sleek, compact remote communicates with your lights using ANT+ wireless technology, mounts easily to any handlebar, and can even be used in place of a bar end plug with an additional mount. Perfect for the commuter or mountain bikers that like to have all their gadgets on the bars – plus at only $35 – it’s a small price to pay for such a convenience.
- Easily change your light settings while riding.
- ANT+ connectivity
- Works smoothly with all compatible lights and takes up little bar space
- Only works with ANT+ bike lights.
- It could be excessive to if you’re not great with tech.
Bontrager Helmet Mount
Experienced riders will tell you to have a light on your bars and one on your head if you really want the best night riding experience. Now you can and for only $20. You can add the safety of visibility to your helmet and light up the trail, road, or commute with the Bontrager helmet mount. Simply add the compatible clamp to the mount and your good – works will GoPros fittings as well as with all Flare taillights and Ion headlights.
- Easily add your favorite Bontrager light to your helmet.
- Works with many action cam clamps
- Great for trail and mountain bike use
- Works well with road and mountain helmets
- Not Wavcel compatible
- Works only with Bontrager compatible light mounts.
The Best Bontrager Lights for Road Riding and Commuting
See and be seen on city streets and open roads with these Bontrager lights. They’re light and compact, making them a good choice for day-time running as well as use when the sun goes down.
Bontrager Ion 200 RT/Flare RT Light Set
Be seen and ride safely with a compact and powerful set of front and rear daytime running lights. The all-new Flare RT is smaller, more powerful, and features a longer battery life, plus the gumby attachment mounts are super easy to change from bike to bike. The Ion 200 RT packs the same technology into a 200 Lumen front bike light. Both lights are USB rechargeable, include Bontrager’s easy-to-mount brackets, and feature a distinctive flash setting visible from up to a mile away.
- Super bright lumen output for a small package
- Easy on and off of the bike at cafe stops
- A must-have accessory for commuting by bike at any time of the day.
- Hard to wrap around aero/flared drop bars
- BlendR seat mount only works with Bontrager saddles.
Bontrager Ion 120/Flare 1 Light Set
Bontrager’s Ion 120 and Flare 1 light set is at the ready to keep you shining on every ride and won’t cost you an arm and a leg. These front and rear lights are simple, powerful, and easy to use. They feature long-lasting steady and flash modes and easily attach to virtually any handlebar and seatpost with the included mounts. At only $39.00 they pack a super punch of light – Plus they have a 50+ hour battery life, front, and rear.
- Super cost-effective – Ion 120 offers high, low, and flash modes for versatile lighting options
- Features three modes—steady, flashing, and random flashing
- 50+ hour battery life, front, and rear (5 AAA)
- Not rechargeable
- Will not work with aero seatposts
Mtbr is committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.