WATKINSVILLE, GA. (June 6, 2011) – According to Leisure Trends Group RetailTRAK™ point-of-sale (POS) retail sales tracking, Tifosi Optics continues to gain market share as the bestselling sunglass brand nationwide among run specialty retailers and bike specialty retailers. The report also shows that Tifosi continues to widen the market share gap as the consumers’ favorite among all sunglass brands. Here are a few highlights from the Leisure Trends Group report.
Among Bike Specialty Retailers Nationwide:
1. Tifosi retains its position as the #1 selling sunglass brand and grew market share from 26% in 2010 to 32% in 2011
2. 8 of the top 10 selling sunglass models are Tifosi, including the top 6 that are all Tifosi
Among Run Specialty Shops Nationwide:
1. Tifosi retains its position as the #1 selling sunglass brand and grew market share from 47% in 2010 to 57% in 2011
2. 9 of the top 10 sunglass brands (based on units sold); including the top 9 that are all Tifosi
3. When ranking the top 10 sunglass brands by units sold, Tifosi outsells the other nine combined
“We set out to engineer top quality sports sunglasses that are loaded with technical features, aggressively priced and backed with a no-hassle lifetime warranty,” says co-founder Elizabeth Earley. “But the real success is due to our growing network of Tifosi retailers who believe in the brand enough to recommend it to their customers.”
Founded in 2003, Tifosi sunglasses are now sold at 5,000+ retailers and e-tailers in 38 countries including 3,000+ US locations. Tifosi offers dozens of sport sunglass styles ranging from $39.95-89.95 and backed by a lifetime warranty. A dealer locator and additional details are found at www.tifosioptics.com.
New for 2011
Source: Jerry deBin, Tifosi Optics