Cane Creek HELM is a significant introduction with seven independent adjustments, robust construction, and a ride quality Cane Creek plush. Cane Creek’s engineers worked hard to give riders the option to tune and setup their HELM for their riding style and local trail conditions.
Price is expensive at $1100 so this will cater to the audience that can take advantage of all the tunability of the Helm since there’s no lower priced options at the moment. Set and forget riders might be better off elsewhere but riders who want to experiment with travel options and damping nuances have a good option here.
The key to all this is reliability. Cane Creek had some reliability miscues in the past couple years but they’ve overhauled management and processes to address the issues. The next few months will give us feedback on how they’re doing on reliability issues as these forks have been hitting customer hands already.
- Weight: 2070 grams
- Stanchion diameter: 35mm
- Wheel size: 27.5 in wheels
- Wheel spacing: 15mmx 110mm BOOST spacing
- Max tire size: Max 65mm wide by 714mm tall
- Steerer: 1 1/8 in to 1 1/2 in tapered
- Air spring: Independent positive and negative chambers
- Air volume adjustment: Accessory free. Internal 8-position indexed system
- Damper: High Speed Compression 10 Clicks, Low Speed Compression 20 Clicks, Low Speed Rebound 15 clicks
- Axle:“D-Loc“ 15mm thru axle system. Unique to Helm
- Travel: Positioned at 160mm from the factory. Optimized for 140-170mm of travel Internal
- Travel adjustments: 10mm Increments (from 170mm down to 100mm) 2 travel spacers are included with every Helm, one additional spacer is installed from the factory.
Price is $1100.
More info at www.canecreek.com.
This article is part of Mtbr’s coverage of the 2017 Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, California. For more from Sea Otter CLICK HERE.