This is just a simple edit but it shows how trail riding and bikes have progressed. We came from road bike roots and just hanging on and surviving on the trail. Now, bikes and styles have developed to exhibit how to master even simple trails.
The rider puts the bike in constant tension and treats it like a ball of energy, unsettling it to get it ready for the next move with maximum traction. These kids grew up watching the likes of Aaron Gwin and Jerome Clementz and they are now creating their own style, growing up on mountain bikes. French Rider Hugo Frixtalon is now 20 years old and destined for big things.
The bike is no slouch either. For $4k, you can rest assured that it’s not the one slowing you down. Fox 36 and DPX2 with Eagle drivetrain, Shimano brakes means that it is well sorted.
* With its British racing green colours together with white stripe detail referring to the glory days of British motorsport, the paint job on this British Edition will leave no one indifferent.
* This British Edition focuses on aggressive riding so we chose the FOX 36 with 150mm travel for its rigidity and damping qualities.
* At the rear, the DPX2 adds another dimension to grip and dynamism.
* E13 TRS complete wheelset with quick-engagement hub (6 °) for high-speed restarts.
* Shimano XT brakes to stop large wheels in a heartbeat.
* 12-speed SRAM Eagle transmission to go the distance and more.
* Renthal Cockpit with Fatbar V2 handlebar which is lighter yet still as strong. All in its original Renthal gold ultra-resistant, hard coat anodizing.
* Fabric Scoop Flat Elite saddle, known for its comfort. It’s another British touch!