Trail builders around the globe come from all walks of life and bring in different skill sets and personalities. Here are some of the popular types of builders around:
1. Minimalist – Bare minimum digging, shape by riding.
2. Micromanager – Trust no one and no stone is left unturned.
3. Loner – I dig alone
4. BMX’er – creator of steep, perfect jumps
5. Locals Only – very protective and secretive of creations
6. Complainer – not really a builder, just a whiner
This tongue in cheek video pokes fun at the types of builders who spend countless hours creating trail magic. We can certainly see some of our trail builders fit in a few of these categories.
Created by Skye Schillhammer and Oliver Parish for the Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition Shoot the Trails fundraiser event. They created this about Pacific Northwest trail builders but think it applies everywhere!
What kind of trail builder are you? Recognize your local builder types in this video?