We met up with Brendan Moore of Wolf Tooth and he eagerly showed us their new chain guide called the GnarWolf. A lot of thought and engineering when in to this device which is currently availabe in ISCG-05 mount for $64.95. The other mount types will be suported shortly. Wolf Tooth Components has introduced a revolutionary new compact chain guide, the GnarWolf. Available now for ISCG-05, and coming soon in high direct mount and S3/E-type mount.
The highlight of the GnarWolf is the side to side adjustability and locking mechanism. Normally accomplished with cumbersome shims moved from one side of the plate to the other, Wolf Tooth designed an expanding elliptical mandrel system to hold the guide in place.
Adjustable horizontally in the smallest increments, the guide is locked in place with an expanding locking system. The locking system is an ellipse shape to prevent rotation of the guide.
It can handle chainrings from 28t to 36t and chainlines from 48mm to 54mm. Machining and finish quality is of the highest US-made standards worthy of the Wolftooth brand.
While a chain guide is not needed for most XC and trail riding with a narrow/wide chainring, gravity riders and competitors who cannot afford any risk of a chain drop or ride in muddy conditions are often adding a compact guide for increased chain security. At 44 grams with easy installation, it’s a smart decision to run this chain guide for most riders.
- No shims needed for chainline adjustment. Expanding elliptical mandrel system allows perfect chainline alignment and takes just seconds to set. This is the fastest and easiest chain guide to setup.
- More rigid than competing products. A flexible chain guide simply cannot effectively guide the chain.
- Independent adjustment of height and chainline with cage pivot for chain removal. All adjustments made quickly with 4mm hex key.
- Optimized for use with elliptical/oval chainrings.
- Accommodates chainlines from approximately 48 mm to 54 mm – for use with standard and Boost bikes.
- Designed and made in Savage, MN
- Weight: 44 grams
- Price: $64.95
More info at www.wolftoothcomponents.com.