Why build another seat collar? For WolfTooth is was all about options. They wanted to have a variety of colors to match their Precision Headsets and Bling Kits. But the WolfTooth Seatpost Clamp had to be more than just pretty, so they set out to build one that would balance security and light weight without resorting to aluminum threads or undersized hardware.
At the heart of this WolfTooth Seatpost Clamp is their custom self-aligning bolt and anchor. The M5 bolt includes spherical washer and mates with a cylindrical anchor barrel. This means that threads are always aligned, preventing binding and ensuring consistent clamping force. And because they hate chasing small hardware across the workshop floor as much as everyone else, washers are permanently attached to their bolts. That’s cool…
Machined from 6061 aluminum in their Minneapolis facility, the WolfTooth Seatpost Clamp is available in four sizes and eight anodized colors. Weights start at 18g. Price is $25.
WolfTooth Seatpost Clamp Specs and Features
- Clamping Diameter: 29.8mm/30mm; 31.8mm/32mm; 34.9mm/35mm; 36.4mm
- Clamping height: 11mm
- Materials: 6061-T6 aluminum collar
- M6 stainless steel bolt with integrated spherical washer
- Stainless steel anchor barrel
- Tool interface: 4mm hex key
- Quick-release: No
- Torque spec: 6 Nm Max
- Colors: Black, silver, red, green, blue, purple, orange, and gold
- Weights: 29.8mm: 18g; 31.8mm: 19g; 34.9mm: 20g; 36.4mm: 20g
- Designed and manufactured in Minneapolis, Minnesota
To learn more head over to www.wolftoothcomponents.com.