With wheel and tire sizes varying so widely these days, Yakima went back to the drawing board to design what they believe to be the ultimate hitch mounted bike tray rack, the new Dr. Tray. The rack is compatible with wheel sizes from 26 to 29er (and 700c), and able to accommodate tire widths from 23mm road rubber to massive 5-inch fatbike tires.
It also offers a host of new features aimed at enhancing the user experience when toting bikes to the trail. The Dr. Tray is available in two hitch sizes, 1.25” and 2” and retails for $579. Press play to learn more.
Squeezing bikes onto trays can often be problematic, especially now with wide bars and boost spacing becoming the norm. The Dr. Tray solves this issue by allowing the user to adjust the spacing of the trays without the use of tools.
Dr. Tray Features
- Low weight due to all aluminum construction (34 pounds)
- Available in two hitch sizes: 1.25” and 2”
- Fat bike compatible up to 5” tires
- Add the EZ+1 and carry a third bike (sold separately for $229).
- Clearance of up to 18” between trays
- Remote Control tilt lever and lightweight, aluminum design simplifies raising and lowering rack
- Tool-free locking SpeedKnob for a secure and easy install to your vehicle
- SKS cable lock system for each bike secures both wheels and frame
Flipping the dual quick releases allow the user to adjust tray spacing and should a third bike tray be required, it can easily be slid on.
Learn more at www.yakima.com.
This article is part of Mtbr’s coverage of the 2017 Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, California. For more from Sea Otter CLICK HERE.